Wax seal pendant with Griffin and Greyhound crest in bronze, featuring two mottos. "Faithful and Bold" in Latin and "Fear the Vortex" in French.
(The mottos are written with very tiny letters, too small to be read with the naked eye.)
The banner on the top reads in French:
Crains Le Tourbillon
(Fear The Vortex)
The banner on the bottom reads in Latin:
Fidelis Et Audax
(Faithful And Bold)
Strength, Courage and Boldness.
The heraldic symbol of a Griffin has a rear body of a lion, an eagle's head,
with erect ears, and feathered breast, with forelegs of an eagle, including claws.
The combination indicates intelligence and strength.
The rampant greyhound symbolizes courage and vigilance.
In heraldry a crown denotes authority.
Fear the Vortex, where turbulence at the center of the energy is the strongest.
The wax seal used in creating this pendant dates back to the 1880’s, it originates from France.
* this listing is for one pendant
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the pendant is made of solid bronze
* the pendant size is about 25x26mm
* The words on the banner are too small to be read with the naked eye
The wax seal charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this makes each and every wax seal charm unique. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.