Wax seal charm with French motto "Nothing Without Effort" and Cupid climbing ladder for a heart - antique wax seal jewelry pendant.
This listing is for one charm.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
Rien Sans Peine
(Nothing Without Effort)
This petite little Cupid is climbing up a tall ladder to get to the flaming heart on the very top.
The motto with Cupid implies that if little labour, little are our gains.
But, if we make an effort every day, this will be the right path to keep the heart aflame.
* this listing is for one wax seal charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 16-19mm across
* the words are small and all letters may not be fully legible
The Wax Seal used in creating this charm is from 1810’s France, the last years of Napoleon Bonaparte as a ruler of France.
The wax seal pendants are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the patina on the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it a antique, vintage look. Each charm that has been though an oxidization process will vary slightly from another, no charm exactly the same as some might be a tad bit darker or lighter than others, and in different areas. Study the example photos above so you can get an idea of the variation.
Stamped with RQP hallmark logo on the reverse.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.