Wax seal pendant depicting Venus, goddess of love, standing on a shell drawn by a team of dolphins - antique wax seal charm jewelry.
This listing is for one charm.
Goddess of love, beauty and desire.
Venus, nude, standing on a shell drawn by a team of dolphins which she is driving.
This wax seal pendant is made from an authentic antique intaglio, and this one has a particularly interesting history. The intaglio used in creating this charm is by Johann Pichler, a master of gem engraving. He was active in Rome in the 18th Century. The seal is signed in Greek letters HIXAEP, which stands for Pichler.
The plaster cast impression of this gem engraving can be found in Duffield Osbourne's book "Engraved Gems", Plate XXXII, number 16.
* this listing is for one wax seal charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 23x29mm
The wax seal charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.