Wax seal charm with tree and French motto "Rather Break Than Bend" - antique wax seal jewelry pendant.
This listing is for one charm.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
Plutôt Rompre Que Plier
(Rather Break Than Bend)
Symbolic of a person who is steadfast with no thought of giving in or giving up.
One who perseveres to conquer, one who would rather break than bend.
* this listing is for one wax seal charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 15-17mm across
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the beginning of the 1800’s, from France.
The wax seal pendants are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. Each charm that has been through an oxidization process will vary slightly from another, no charm exactly the same as some might be a tad bit darker or lighter than others, and in different areas. Study the example photos above so you can get an idea of the variation.
Stamped with RQP hallmark logo on the reverse.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.