Wax seal charm with butterfly and rose, and French love motto "Thy Sweetness Is My Life" - antique wax seal jewelry pendant.
This listing is for one solid bronze charm with a butterfly on a rose.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
Ta Douceur Est Ma Vie.
(Thy Sweetness Is My Life.)
A petite butterfly drinking nectar from a rose.
In heraldry, the butterfly symbolizes the soul,
and the rose has the special meaning of true love and faith.
* this listing is for one charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 19mm across
The wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the 1810’s France, the last years of Napoleon Bonaparte as a ruler of France.
The wax seal charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it a antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.