Wax seal pendant with a skull and French motto "Remember Your Mortality" - Memento Mori - antique wax seal jewelry charm.
This listing is for one charm in bronze with a skull: "Remember your mortality".
The words framing this piece reads in French: J'ai Ete, Je Suis, Tu Seras
(Which You Are I Once Was, Which What I Am You Will Become)
REMEMBER YOUR MORTALITY
It’s not Length of Life, It’s Depth of Life.
This memento mori is originally a latin phrase with a meaning of “Remember Your Mortality”. The phrase can be seen on The Holy Trinity fresco in Santa Maria Novella church in Florence, Italy. The Holy Trinity was made by Renaissance artist Masaccio in 1425.
The charm was made using an impression of an antique wax seal that dates back to the 1840's France.
* this listing is for one charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 18x20mm
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the 1840’s, a French seal from the Napoleon III of France era.
The charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC, by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.