Wax seal charm with ship in rough seas and French caption "Such Is Life" - antique wax seal jewelry pendant.
This listing is for one charm depicting a boat in stormy seas.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
Telle Est La Vie
(Such Is Life)
Like a boat in stormy seas, life has its ups and downs. Set your sails and focus on navigating the very best course possible for what life may bring your way.
* this listing is for one charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 18-19mm across
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the 1810’s France, the last years of Napoleon Bonaparte as a ruler of France.
The charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC, by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.