Wax seal pendant with rampant lion crest symbolic of "Bravery, Courage & Strength". Antique wax seal jewelry in solid bronze..
The heraldic symbol of rampant lions has a special meaning of bravery, courage and strength.
The crest depicts rampant lions flying flags and supporting the shield.
The shield contains a fur coat with bell-shaped objects, a Vair.
The mere fact that a shield contains furs suggests a mark of dignity.
This particular wax seal pendant was made using the impression of an authentic antique wax seal from France. It dates back to the mid 1800's.
* this listing is for one pendant
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the pendant is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 28mm across
The charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC, by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.