Wax seal charm depicting a peacock and a motto in French "The Most Beautiful" - antique wax seal jewelry pendant.
This listing is for one charm with a peacock.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
CE QU'IL A DE PLUS BEAU
(the most beautiful)
The peacock is a symbol of integrity and the beauty we can achieve
when we endeavor to show our true colors.
It denotes one with pride, power and knowledge.
* This listing is for one wax seal charm with a jump ring
* Made of solid bronze
* The size is about 15-17mm across
* The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the one in the pictures
* You will receive the pendant without chain or gift packaging
* The words on the motto are small, and all letters may not be legible
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the beginning of the 1800’s France.
The wax seal pendants are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the patina on the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it a antique, vintage look. Each charm that has been though an oxidization process will vary slightly from another, no charm exactly the same as some might be a tad bit darker or lighter than others, and in different areas. Study the example photos above so you can get an idea of the variation.
Stamped with RQP hallmark logo on the reverse.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.