Wax seal necklace with an owl perched on a branch and with French motto "Night Teaches Wisdom" - antique wax seal charm jewelry.
This listing is for one necklace.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
La Nuit Donne Conseil
(Night Teaches Wisdom)
Good sense and sound reasoning.
A person that contemplates, one who will not jump to conclusions, nor rush decisions.
The wax seal necklace depicts an owl perched on the branch of a dead tree.
The owl is a symbol of wisdom (it is a bird seeing in the dark). The motto refers to the idiom "sleep on it" - to not make an immediate decision about a plan or idea, but to wait until the next day in order to have more time to think about it.
* size of charm is about 13-15mm in diameter
* this listing is for one charm and an 18 inch delicate sterling silver necklace
* the words are small and all letters may not be fully legible
The wax seals are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the beginning of the 1800’s, from France.
This wax seal charm is made of fine silver .999 (which is 99.9% pure silver), and a 18" sterling silver chain is included (sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver). Please note that the patina on the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it a antique, vintage look. The antique seal has been pressed into the silver by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal pendant a unique look. The wax seal charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp and a silver content stamp (.999) to show that the silver content is 99.9% pure silver.
The wax seal necklace you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal necklaces have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
* You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.