Wax seal necklace with a lyre and French motto "I Respond To Touch" - antique wax seal charm jewelry.
This listing is for one necklace with a lyre.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
Á Qui Touche Je Réponds
(I respond to touch)
Signifying an artistic person with special skills in reverberating
what she sees, feels or hears through art, poetry or music.
(In heraldry, the lyre is a symbol of love in the form of lyrical art, poetry, and music. As such, it forms the mystical bridge between heaven and earth.)
* size of charm is about 15-17mm in diameter
* this listing is for one wax seal charm with an 18" sterling silver chain
* the words are small and all letters may not be fully legible
The Wax Seal used in creating this charm dates back to the 1810’s France, the last years of Napoleon Bonaparte as a ruler of France. The wax seals are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
This wax seal charm is made of fine silver .999 (which is 99.9% pure silver), and a 18" sterling silver chain is included (sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver). Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it a antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the silver by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal pendant a unique look. The wax seal charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp and a silver content stamp (.999) to show that the silver content is 99.9% pure silver.
The wax seal necklace you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal necklaces have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
* You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.