Wax seal necklace with tree symbol and French motto reminder "Keep Promise" - antique wax seal charm jewelry.
This listing is for one necklace with a tree symbol and motto.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
Promettre Et Tenir Sont Deux
(It's easier to make a promise than to keep one)
“Each morning I gaze at the eastern horizon, and if the sun keeps its promise, I keep mine.”
There is a great difference between saying and doing,
one should promise only what one can deliver.
This charm belongs with the person who tells the truth and keeps promises.
One who is steadfast and reliable.
The heraldic symbol of the tree has a special meaning of steadfastness and longevity.
* in order to avoid confusion, please pay special attention to the charm size
* size of charm is about 14-15mm across
* this listing is for one charm with an 18 inch sterling silver chain
* the words are small and all letters may not be fully legible
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm is from the beginning of the 1800’s, from France.
The wax seals are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio
This wax seal charm is made of fine silver .999 (which is 99.9% pure silver), and a 18" sterling silver chain is included (sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver). Please note that the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the silver by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal pendant a unique look. The wax seal charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp and a silver content stamp (.999) to show that the silver content is 99.9% pure silver.
The wax seal necklace you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal necklaces have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.