Hebe wax seal charm - Goddess of Youth - antique wax seal jewelry after Antonio Canova
This listing is for one charm.
The charm was made using an impression of an antique wax seal.
The Goddess of Youth
Hebe, pouring the wine she served to the gods. A lithe figure of ideal beauty, she represents the feminine perfection.
The weightless, rhythmically arranged drapes provide a sense of movement whilst the bared upper body adds to the sensuality of the youthful goddess.
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the 19th Century, it originates from England. Engraved by Nicola Cerbara (b.1793 †1869), a famous intaglio carver from Rome, Italy. He made Hebe after a model by Antonio Canova (Italian sculptor b.1755 †1822).
* this listing is for one charm
* size is about 12-26mm across
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* charm is made of solid bronze
* the charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures
The wax seal charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this makes each and every wax seal charm unique. The charms are hallmarked on with the reverse with RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charm have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
* You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.