Wax seal charm with eagle soaring towards the sun and with a French motto "Fearless". Antique wax seal jewelry pendant made in solid bronze.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
Soar to the greatest heights, without fear.
In the old days the belief was that the eagle was the only animal that could look directly into the sun. The eagle symbolizes fearlessness as it soars high amid the flames of the sun, fearless of steep rocky mountains and terrible lightning. It flies high, closer to the splendor of the sun.
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the 1840’s, it originates from France.
* this listing is for one wax seal charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 19mm across
The wax seals charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this makes each and every wax seal charm unique. The charms are hallmarked on with the reverse with RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charm have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
* You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.