Wax seal charm with elephant and French motto "Reason Is My Strength". Antique wax seal jewelry pendant in solid bronze.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
La Raison Fait Ma Force
(Reason Is My Strength)
Reason is a means by which thinking comes from one idea to a related idea. It is the way rational beings propose and consider explanations concerning cause and effect, true and false, and what is good or bad. The heraldic symbol of the elephant has the special meaning of great strength and wit.
* this listing is for one charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 18-19mm across
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the 1840’s, from France.
The charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC, by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.