Wax seal pendant with a heraldic dragon, symbolizing "Protection" - antique wax seal charm jewelry.
A dragon passant facing dexter.
The heraldic symbol of the dragon represents protection.
It is believed that the mythical dragons knew the earth's secrets
and that endowed the creatures with many protective and
fearsome qualities. As primal forces of nature, they were
associated with valor and wisdom.
* this listing is for one pendant
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the pendant is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 22mm across
* the pendant you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures
The wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to 1897, it originates from England.
The wax seal charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it a antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this makes each and every wax seal charm unique. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.