Wax seal necklace Have Faith Stay Positive - antique French wax seal jewelry globus cruciger.
This listing is for one wax seal necklace, a crayfish with a globus cruciger (cross-bearing world globe) on it's back.
The words framing this piece reads in French:
C'est Ainsi Qu'il Va
(thus it goes)
When the world turns backwards
and the order of life seems off-kilter,
Have faith, stay positive,
things will get better.
"The motion of the World, this day,
is mov'd the quite contrarie way...
What was this figures meaning but to show,
that as these kind of shell-fish backward go,
so now the world,
(which here doth seem to take an awkward Journey on the Cancer's back)
Moves counterwise; as if delight it had,
to run a race in courses retrograde.
... Doe thou, these froward Motions, Lord, restraine,
And, set the World in her due course againe."
* in order to avoid confusion, please pay special attention to the charm size
* size of charm is about 13-15mm across
* this listing is for one charm with an 18" delicate sterling silver chain
* the words are small and all letters may be not fully legible
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the beginning of the 1800’s, from France.
The wax seals are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio
This wax seal charm is made of fine silver .999 (which is 99.9% pure silver), and a 18" sterling silver chain is included (sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver). Please note that the patina on the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it a antique, vintage look. The antique seal has been pressed into the silver by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal pendant a unique look. The wax seal charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp and a silver content stamp (.999) to show that the silver content is 99.9% pure silver.
The wax seal necklace you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal necklaces have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.