Wax seal pendant depicting a dog, the French Poodle - antique wax seal jewelry charm.
The Poodle - a faithful friend.
The Poodle is one of the most intelligent, energetic and lovable of all breeds.
Poodles were popular companion dogs among the European nobility. The ladies of the Royal Court of Europe loved carrying around their little trophies, and pampering them at every turn. Poodles were wildly popular in France, there the Poodle became the national dog. The King of France Louis XVI (husband of Marie Antoinette) is remembered as the monarch who was fond of his toy poodles.
This listing is for one pendant in bronze.
* this listing is for one charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 21-23mm across
The antique wax seal used in creating this charm dates back to the 19th Century England.
The charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC, by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.