Wax seal pendant depicting a pelican in piety and Latin motto - antique wax seal jewelry charm.
This listing is for one pendant.
The words framing this piece reads in Latin:
To live and die for those we love.
A pelican "in her piety" symbolizes love, sacrifice and devotion.
The image of the pelican "in her piety" (in the act of wounding her breast in order to nourish her young with her blood) symbolizes one who will do anything for her loved ones.
The wax seal used in creating this pendant dates back to 1909, an authentic antique wax seal from Birmingham, England.
* this listing is for one pendant
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the pendant is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 23x25mm
The charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC, by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.