Horse wax seal charm with Latin motto "Make Haste Slowly" - antique wax seal jewelry pendant.
This listing is for one pendant in bronze with a horse and a Latin motto.
The motto reads in Latin:
(Make Haste Slowly)
“More haste, less speed”,
as this horse emphasize with an extended trot.
Keep a proper balance of urgency and diligence.
Activities are best done in a state of flow
in which one is fully engaged by the task
and there is no sense of time passing.
The term "Festina Lente" has been a widely used motto in heraldry.
Roman emperors Augustus and Titus used the motto as their slogan.
The pendant is made by hand using an antique English wax seal intaglio that dates back to the 1800's.
* this listing is for one charm
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 26x24mm
The pendants are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the the wax seal charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique wax seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this makes each and every charm unique. The charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures. The charms are hallmarked on the reverse with the RQP logo stamp.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.