Wax seal pendant depicting a demi rampant Griffin - a mythical creature symbolizing Strength, Courage, Boldness. Antique wax seal jewelry pendant in solid bronze.
The Griffin has a special meaning of strength, courage and boldness.
It is the most powerful and majestic of all creatures. With the rear body of a lion and the head, wings, forelegs and talons of an eagle, the combination makes the Griffin especially fierce. In heraldry, the legendary Griffin denotes strength, intelligence, courage and leadership.
Griffins not only mated for life, but also, if either partner died, would continue throughout the rest of its life alone, never to search for a new mate.
* this listing is for one pendant
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the charm is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 26x30mm
This particular wax seal pendant was made using an authentic antique wax seal from the Netherlands. The wax seal dates back to the mid 1850's.
The wax seals charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this makes each and every wax seal charm unique. The charms are hallmarked on with the reverse with RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charm have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
* You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.