Wax seal pendant with Latin be yourself motto "Be What You Seem To Be" - antique wax seal jewelry charm.
This listing is for one pendant with protection, faith symbols.
The words framing this piece reads in Latin:
Esto Quod Esse Videris
(Be What You Seem To Be)
“Be what you seem to be…
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them otherwise.”
The crest signifies protection and faith.
The shield contains three crosses and a chevron.
The chevron represents the roof of a house, derived from the French word "chevron" which translates to "rafter". It signifies protection.
In the crest above the shield, there is an armored arm holding an unsheathed sword.
The wax seal used in creating this pendant dates back to the Victorian 19th Century, an authentic antique wax seal from England.
* this listing is for one pendant
* no frills - shipped with no meaning card, no gift packaging
* the pendant is made of solid bronze
* the size is about 23x25mm
The charms are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC, by RQP Studio.
Please note that the charm has been through a oxidization process to give it an antique, vintage patina. The antique seal has been pressed into the bronze by hand, and this gives each and every wax seal charm a unique look. The charms are hallmarked on the back with the RQP logo stamp. The wax seal charm you will receive is similar to the ones in the pictures.
* Some of the images (above) of the wax seal charms have been photographed close-up. If you have a hard time imagining the size of the charms, then it can be helpful to physically draw the dimensions of the wax seal charm on a piece of paper.
*You can type in the words "mm to in" into Google's search box, that will give you a quick converter if you prefer the dimensions measured in inches.